Yf Reykers is Assistant Professor of International Relations at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University. Previously, he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Leuven International and European Studies Institute at KU Leuven. He studies issues relating to the accountability of multinational military operations, rapid response mechanisms and inter-organizational dynamics. His work has been published in, amongst others, Cooperation and Conflict, Contemporary Security Policy, European Security, International Peacekeeping and Parliamentary Affairs. He is co-editor of the volume Multinational Rapid Response Mechanisms: From Institutional Proliferation to Institutional Exploitation (2019, Routledge Global Institutions Series).
- Military Operations
- Rapid Response Mechanisms
- Inter-organisational relations
- Yf Reykers, “Strengthening parliamentary oversight of defence procurement: Lessons from Belgium,” European Security, Online First (2021).
- John Karlsrud & Yf Reykers, “Ad hoc coalitions and institutional exploitation in international security: Towards a typology,” Third World Quarterly, 41:9 (2020): 1518-1536.
- Rasmus Brun Pedersen & Yf Reykers, “Show them the flag: status ambitions and recognition in small state coalition warfare,” European Security, 29:1 (2020): 16-32.
- Yf Reykers, “A permanent headquarters under construction? The Military Planning and Conduct Capability as a proximate principal,” Journal of European Integration, 41:6 (2019): 783-799.
- John Karlsrud & Yf Reykers, Multinational Rapid Response Mechanisms: From Institutional Proliferation to Institutional Exploitation (London/New York: Routledge, 2019) (Global Institutions Series).