Costanza Musu is Associate Professor of Public and International Affairs at University of Ottawa. She was a Jean Monnet Fellow at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence and Assistant Professor of International Relations at Richmond University (London-UK). She has been a consultant for the Military Center for Strategic Studies – Center for Advanced Defense Studies (CeMiSS-CASD), the think tank of the Italian Ministry of Defence. Her current research, supported by a SSHRC Insight Grant, focuses on the fight against the illicit trafficking of antiquities looted from conflict areas in the Middle East. She is the author of European Union Policy towards the Arab-Israeli Peace Process. The Quicksands of Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2016). She has published in academic journals Canadian Foreign Policy Journal, The Brussels Journal of International Relations, The Mediterranean Politics, and European Foreign Affairs Review.
- Middle East
- International Security
- Costanza Musu, European Union Policy towards the Arab-Israeli Peace Process. The Quicksands of Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2016).
- Costanza Musu & Nicola Casarini (dir.), EU Foreign Policy in an Evolving International System: The Road to Convergence (Palgrave Macmillan, 2007).
- Costanza Musu, “Canada and the MENA Region: The foreign policy of a middle power,” Canadian Foreign Policy Journal 18:1 (2012): 65-75.
- Costanza Musu, “Europe, the Southern Neighbourhood and the Middle East. Struggling for Coherence,” in The Routledge Handbook of European Security (Routledge, 2012).
- Costanza Musu, “European Security and the Middle East Peace Process: An Unavoidable Entanglement?,” in European Security since the Fall of the Berlin Wall (University of Toronto Press, 2010).