Dr. Gaëlle Rivard Piché is the Vice-Chair of Women in International Security-Canada. She is also a strategic analyst with Defence Research and Development Canada where she works closely with the Canadian Armed Forces, providing direct decision-making support through evidence-based research on a wide range of topics. She is currently a fellow at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (Carleton University), where she completed her Ph.D. in International Affairs in 2017. She is also a guest lecturer at the Canadian Forces College and works as a consultant for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on security sector reform and peace operations. During her doctoral studies, Dr. Rivard Piché was a Fulbright research fellow in the International Security Program at the Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs (2014-2015). She conducted extensive field research in Haiti and El Salvador between 2012 and 2015, looking at the consequences of security sector reform on public order and violence. Her research has been published in International Journal, Études internationales, Canadian Foreign Policy Journal, and the Canadian Naval Review.
- Political Violence
- International Security
- Security Sector Reforms
- Gaëlle Rivard Piché, “Maritime Security Capability Building: Key Considerations,” Defence Research and Development Canada, Scientific Report R013 (2020).
- Gaëlle Rivard Piché, “Challenges and prospects for interoperability in UN peace operations: A look at Haiti”, International Journal 73:2 (2018) : 241-256.
- Gaëlle Rivard Piché, “Security sector reform in Haiti since 2004: Limits and prospects for public order and stability,” Canadian Foreign Policy Journal 23:3 (2017) : 292-306.
- Gaëlle Rivard Piché, “La contribution canadienne à la sécurité et à la stabilité en Haïti, 2004-2014,” Études internationales 48:1 (2017) : 63-82.
- Gaëlle Rivard Piché, « Réforme du secteur de sécurité au sein d’États francophones : quel est le rôle des policiers civils internationaux en opération de paix ? », in La réforme des systèmes de sécurité et de justice en Afrique francophone (Organisation internationale de la Francophonie,