Magali Vullierme, PhD in political science, is a post-doctoral researcher in the North American and Arctic Defence and Security Network (NAADSN, Trent University). She is also an associate researcher at the Observatory for Arctic Policy and Security (OPSA, University of Ottawa), at CEARC (Université Paris-Saclay, UVSQ) and at the Observatoire de l’Arctique (directed by the Fondation for Strategic Research on behalf of the Ministry of the Armed Forces, France). Finally, she is a member of the Arctic GDR (CNRS, France). Her research aims to understand better the interrelationships between, on the one hand, the indigenous and local populations of the Arctic regions, and, on the other hand, multi-scalar security issues (collaboration with the Armed Forces, risks linked to climate change, health security). She has led several fields in the Arctic, notably in Nunavik and Nunavut, with patrols of Canadian Rangers, in Greenland or even in Eastern Siberia, in Yakutsk and in the Bulunsky region for the European Commission project “Nunataryuk” (No.773421, EU Horizon 2020) (Republic of Sakha-Yakutia, Russian Federation).
- Arctic: Indigenous and Local Populations & Security Issues
- Multi-Scalar Security Issues
- Indigenous-Armed Forces Relations
- Magali Vullierme (ed.), “Réalités opérationnelles de l’environnement arctique – Approches transdisciplinaires et transsectorielles des impacts du changement climatique dans les sous-régions arctiques,” Institut de Recherche Stratégique de l’École Militaire, Étude n° 74, June 2020.
- Magali Vullierme & Michael Delaunay, « Enjeux contemporains de l’Arctique américain », In Les régions de l’Arctique (Editions Atlande : 2019): 67-78.
- Magali Vullierme, “Towards Human Security in the Arctic: Lessons Learned From the Canadian Rangers,” In Redefining Arctic Security: Arctic Yearbook 2019 (2019): 129-141.
- Magali Vullierme, “The Social Contribution of the Canadian Rangers: A Tool of Assimilation or Means of Agency?,” Journal of Military and Strategic Studies 19:2 (2019): 193-211.
- Grace Elizabeth Shephard, Kari Dalen, Magali Vullierme, Irina Zhilina, et al.,“Assessing the added value of the recent declaration on unregulated fishing for sustainable governance of the central Arctic Ocean,” Marine Policy 66 (2016): 50-57.
Comments are closed.