Laurent Borzillo is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Political Science at UQAM. He holds a doctorate/Ph.D in political science between the Universities of Montpellier and Montreal (2020). His research interests focus on security and military cooperation in Europe, transatlantic relations, contemporary military interventions as well as the defence policies of France, Germany and Canada. His postdoctoral work deals with the evolution of the transatlantic security architecture over the last five years, using France, Canada and Germany as case studies. He is also co-editor for le Rubicon.
- European and Transatlantic Security (EU, NATO)
- Foreign and Defence Policy
- Theory of International Relations
- Laurent Borzillo & Delphine Deschaux-Dutard, “Secondary analysis of qualitative data in defence studies. Methodological opportunities and challenges,” In Research Methods in Defence Studies. A Multi-Disciplinary Overview (Routledge, 2020).
- Laurent Borzillo, « La France peut-elle compter sur l’Allemagne en cas de besoin de projection de force?, » Revue des Champs de Mars 30 (2018): 19-26.
- Laurent Borzillo, La Bundeswehr. De la pertinence des réformes à l’aune des opérations extérieures (L’Harmattan, 2014).