Pauline Pic graduated from her PhD in Geography in the spring of 2022. In October 2022, she started a postdoctoral fellowship at the Graduate School of International Studies, Université Laval. She is collaborating with Jean-Frédéric Morin’s research chair and is interested in the political processes at work in the global commons. More specifically, her project aims to examine the power dynamics at work in the governance of shared spaces, particularly the central Arctic Ocean and outer space.
Her doctoral research, directed by Frédéric Lasserre and Stéphane Roussel, focused on the scales of security in the Arctic. It was rewarded by an inscription on the honor roll of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies of Laval University
- Security and Climate Change
- Pauline Pic & Frédéric Lasserre, « Océans, cosmos, Antarctique : de nouveaux espaces de conquête? ,» Relations internationales 182:2 (2020): 135-152.
- Pauline Pic & Frédéric Lasserre, “What is ‘arctic’ about ‘arctic security’?,” Arctic Yearbook 2019.
- Pauline Pic. The politics of Arctic scale. In Depledge, D. “New Voices of Arctic IR”, Special issue of The Polar Journal? 2022 (prochainement).
- Escudé-Joffres, C., Pic, Pauline., & Vidal, F. (2021). L’Arctique: un enjeu pour la gouvernance du XXIe siècle. Études internationales, 51(1), 5-29.
- Pic, Pauline., Babin, J., Lasserre, F., Huang, L., & Bartenstein, K. (2021). The Polar Code and Canada’s Regulations on Arctic Navigation: shipping companies’ perceptions of the new legal environment. The Polar Journal, 11(1), 95-117.