This Panel Discussion will be conducted in French only.
This panel discussion aims to discuss the role and place of drones and new military technologies (e.g.: hypersonic missiles) on the battlefield given the lessons that can be drawn from the clashes in Ukraine following the Russian invasion in February 2022. While in response to aggressive and threatening Russian behavior, we are seeing an increase in arms budgets within NATO member countries, given the choices in terms of future spending for Canada, we have to ask ourselves what the real contributions are (but potentially more limited than expected) these new tools in the conduct of war.
- Dr. Ulrike Franke, researcher at European Council on Foreign Relation
- Dr. Dominika Kunertova, researcher at ETH Zürich – Center for Security Studies
- Anna Nadibaidze, Ph.D Student, Center for War Studies University of South Danmark
- Colonel David Pappalardo, Air and Space Attaché at the French Embassy in Washington
- Dr. Chantal Lavallée, Assistant Professor, Royal Military College Saint-Jean