Andrea Charron is Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Defence and Security Studies (CDSS) at the University of Manitoba. She is a member of the Department of National Defence’s Advisory Board and is asked regularly to provide guest lectures at Canadian Forces College and to provide testimony to Senate and House of Commons’ committees. Dr. Charron worked for various federal departments including the Privy Council Office in the Security and Intelligence Secretariat. Her research projects focus extensively on the Arctic, NORAD, Canadian Defence Policy and the Security Council. She has published in academic journals such as International Journal, International Affairs, and Policy Options.
- Sanctions, UNSC
- Canadian Foreign and Defence Policy, NORAD
- Andrea Charron & Jim Fergusson, “Beyond NORAD and Modernization to North American Defence Evolution”, Canadian Global Affairs Institute (2017).
- Andrea Charron, Joël Plouffe & Stéphane Roussel, “Russian National Interests and the Arctic: Foreign Policy Implications for Canada,” in Canadian Foreign Policy in a Unipolar World (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016): 55-75.
- Andrea Charron, “North America and the Defence of National Interests,” in The Strategic Outlook for Canada (Ottawa: CDA Institute, 2017): 15-22.
- Andrea Charron, “Justin Trudeau’s Quest for United Nations Security Council Seat,” in Justin Trudeau and Canadian Foreign Policy, 2018): 247-260.