Pierre Pahlavi is Full Professor, Chair of the Department of Security and International Affairs and Deputy Director in the Department of Defence Studies of the Canadian Forces College in Toronto. Dr Pahlavi’s recent publications discuss his main areas of expertise, which are influence strategies, Iran’s foreign policy. and hybrid strategies. He has authored several studies on the theme of public diplomacy and strategic communications (The Hague Journal of Diplomacy, The Canadian Foreign Policy Journal, Routledge, Presses Universitaires de Science Po Paris). His publications also address the issue of asymmetric warfare, gray zone strategies and hybrid threats (L’Harmattan, La Revue militaire canadienne, Le Journal de L’Armée du Canada, Journal of Strategic Studies, Éditions Bruylant, Terrorism and Political Violence, Politique étrangère, Guerres mondiales et conflits contemporains, NATO Association of Canada). Finally, he authored articles on the Islamic Republic of Iran’s regional and international strategy (Politique Internationale, Défense nationale, Small Arms & Insurgencies, World Scientific, Diplomatie, Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs, Politique étrangère). Published in 2017, his latest book on the Iranian revolution received the prestigious Prix Diane Potier-Boès, awarded each year by l’Académie française for the best history book on the Middle East. He works occasionally as a media consultant on the Iranian issue and is an active member of the Centre for Institutional Analysis on the Armed Forces and the Chaire Raould-Dandurand en études stratégiques.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran and its Foreign Policy
- Influence Strategies & Public Diplomacy
- Asymmetric Strategies, Grey Zone Approaches and Hybrid Strategies
- Pierre Pahlavi & Eric Ouellet, “Iran: Asymmetric Strategy and Mass Diplomacy,” Journal of Strategic Security 13:2 (2020): 94-106.
- Pierre Pahlavi, “Understanding the resilience of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Politique étrangère 3 (2018): 63-74.
- Eric Ouellet, Jérôme Lacroix-Leclair & Pierre Pahlavi, “The Institutionalization of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQMI),” Terrorism and Political Violence 26:4 (2014): 650-665.
- Éric Ouellet, Pierre Pahlavi & Miloud Chennoufi (eds.), Les études stratégiques au XXIe siècle, coll. Études stratégiques (Éditions Athéna, 2013).
- Pierre Pahlavi, “Understanding Iran’s Media Diplomacy,” Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs 6:2 (2012): 21-33.
Comments are closed.